Did you know that your version of Internet Explorer is out of date?
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend downloading one of the browsers below.
Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Acquired over 50 per cent of the Lower Oxtongue River for permanent protection, including 6.5 km of shoreline.
- Preserved one mile of natural shoreline and 47-acres of forest at Port Cunnington.
- Partnered with the Ontario Heritage Trust to be the steward of the 100-acre Pyke property near Brown's Brae.
- Recognized more than 30 building owners with plaques for heritage property protection.
- Encouraged the Township to create a Heritage Committee of Council to encourage protection.
- Rescued the Bigwin ferry from a sunken mooring in 1991 and conducted feasibility studies to transfer to the current Navigation Society for restoration.
- Established the Harriet T. Weaver Memorial Trust which funds two bursaries each year to assist one student from each of Bracebridge and Huntsville high schools to help pay for their first year of university or college.
Mushroom Walk at Marsh's Falls - October 12, 9:00AM
Read More »
Song Bird & Pollinator Meadow Planting at Marsh's Falls - October 12, 10:30AM
Read More »